Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

[Mix] I Bleed Emerald and Blue

I'm about an hour away from throwing on my Seahawks shirt and partaking in a little Superbowl party with friends. This is serious business, guys. My homecity hasn't experienced a major championship sports win since 1979, courtesy of the Seattle Supersonics, a team that is no longer ours. After a humiliatingly depressing loss in 2006 in the Superbowl to the Steelers, I'm crossing my fingers and dotting my I's that the Seahawks prevail tonight.

Outside of a fantastic sports team, Seattle is home to an astonishingly amazing music scene, one I miss every.single.day. While every other music blogger is hosting Superbowl-themed posts today, they're mainly just featuring Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. I know. Is that what Seattle music has been defined to? Don't get me wrong, I love myself some Macklemore, but there are endless artists that also deserve a little recognition while Seattle is on everyone's mind.

1. No Ordinary Cavemen by Head Like A Kite
2. Dead of Night by Hey Marseilles 
3. Seer by Motopony
4. Fireworks at Night by Campfire OK
5. Honest Songs by Noah Gundersen
6. She Was Only In It for the Rain by Rocky Votolato
7. Beacon Hill by Damien Jurado
8. Uptown by The Local Strangers
9. Get On That Train by Bradford Loomis
10. Changing by The Moondoggies
11. Reservoir Park by The Dutchess & The Duke
12. Turn Off This Song and Go Outside by The Lonely Forest
14. Reach Out and Touch Someone's Hand by Cataldo
15. Windowsill by Pickwick
16. The Town by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
17. River of Love by U.S.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment