Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Step Into My Life (Restless) by Marshall Lewis Baker

As of late, bands have been following me on Twitter and Tumblr. It's been the catalyst I've needed to work on a larger scale music project, such as what I'm attempting to do here. I obsess over the indie-folk genre quite frequently and it's nice when people take notice. I will always give the bands that do follow me, on any platform, a listen and it's a great way to find new gems.

One of these gems is Marshall Lewis Baker, an 18-year old artist out of Bloomington, Indiana. He's drawing comparisons to Dallas Green already, and I surprisingly agree with the parallel. I can see him living up to that soulful, deep, emotional-rollercoaster you'd expect from a City and Colour album. I'm excited to see Baker's development.

I've been listening to Step Into My Life (Restless) on repeat for the past half hour. It's an unassuming, quiet song with just enough of a hook to keep my ears peeled. The vocals span an impressive range of talent and the minimalist folk background compliments perfectly. I adore this song.

He is releasing an EP around August, which just got funded off of Kickstarter. With 12 hours left, I pledged. It was worth it.

You can download Step Into My Life (Restless) on SoundCloud or Bandcamp. I highly recommend that you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment