Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Agreeable White Tiger Moth: Vol 1 by Daniel Blue of Motopony

One of my biggest regrets of my last relationship was not being able to run through my backlog of music recommendations - a Netflix-esque queue of ridiculous proportions. You see, it's almost a rarity in my life to be dating someone who is at all musically compatible with me. It was a dream come true. Motopony's self-titled, 2010 release was the next album I was planning to share before the breakup happened. It's an album so full of brilliance, I almost inbox'd it as a "break up gift".

While I have endless thoughts on Motopony, I am highly anticipating the solo work from their lead vocalist, Daniel Blue. The project, The Agreeable White Tiger Moth: Vol 1 gets released sometime soon, with a release show on August 2. This is another one of those moments where I am dying to be back in Seattle. As a plus, it's the grand opening of Santcuary, "a hundred year old repurposed chapel in the heart of downtown Ballard." I can't find too much information on Sanctuary but I'm guessing it's going to be an artist mixed-use sort of venue (much like The Dunes). As an additional plus and major relief, all of Motopony will be playing music written for this show and, despite the solo project, there will be a second Motopony album.

These are exciting times.

Currently, there are two songs released off of the project on SoundCloud. Flower Children is a dreamy track where I'm envisioning myself running through an expansive field with not a care in the world. I know that sounds overblown, but I guarantee you will start daydreaming the same. I also agree with Sean DeTore of The Mixtape -- this song is straight out of the 1960's in the best way possible. I Don't Need to Know features Meagan Grandall of Lemolo -- the duo execute a beautiful, soulful track in unison. Grandall is just one of many collaborations. I'm very much looking forward to the collaborations with Mary Lambert and Jon Russel (of The Head and the Heart).

There's just so much Seattle-goodness involved.

I absolutely recommend checking out the release show if you're in the Seattle area. Go and let me be envious of you.

You can listen to Flower Children and I Don't Need to Know on Blue's SoundCloud page.

No comments:

Post a Comment