Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mix: The World Takes (Winter 2014)

(jumping on the seasonal playlist bandwagon)

Winter is here. I'm shivering with every step away from my apartment building door and huddling indoors as much as I can. There's no sign of summer anywhere, even if we were blessed with those two seventy degree days last week. I'm ready for the hibernation. Give me cuddling and netflix over heading out to the bars any night now. 

This season will pass quickly. There's my looming trip to Colombia on the horizon and pushing through the last few weeks of an out-of-town work project. With any luck, Spring will be here upon our arrival back from abroad. I'm not saying I want Winter to come and go, but it's by far my least favorite season. 

This mix flows well. I'm no longer pretending that songs fit together on a mix - these ones do. The artists represented here are both new and old loves. The cover art I whipped up is from a photo I took on the Amtrak up to Boston. I found the Lower Trenton Bridge to be intriguing and beautiful in its own way. 


  1. City By The Sea - Fort Frances
  2. Step Out - Jose Gonzalez 
  3. If This Is Your Love - Andrew Austin
  4. Feel For Me - Foy Vance
  5. Will It Grow - Jakob Dylan
  6. She Wants to Know - Half Moon Run
  7. Cuckoo Song - A Silent Film
  8. Holding On For Life - Broken Bells
  9. Bad Kingdom - Moderat
  10. Drop the Game - Flume, Chet Faker
  11. You As You Were - Shearwater
  12. Two Winters - Wyatt Overman
  13. The Line - The Eastern Sea
  14. Mask - Folly and the Hunter
  15. Taft - Donovan Woods
  16. Setting Our Tables - The Last Bison

No comments:

Post a Comment