Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weekend Video: Life is a Highway as covered by Folly and the Hunter

Folly and the Hunter is a criminally underrated folk band out of Montreal. While I need to devote an entire post to why Tragic Care is my favorite album of 2013 (despite White Lighter, despite The Hurry and the Harm, etc), now is not the time. I spent a few minutes of my afternoon excitedly discussing Folly with a new friend and I'm inspired to post something.

For now, enjoy this cover of Tom Cochrane's Life is a Highway. I adore how quiet the cover is. The original song and Rascal Flatt's versions embody this upbeat vibe, where the "highway" is nothing but an adventure. Here, we have a much more reflective take, where I can imagine this song accompanying me on a late night drive as I'm pondering where my life has been and where it is heading. It's honest to the intent of the original song and pulls it off in a much different, but appropriate way.

I'm convinced this band can do no wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment