Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Weekend Video: Pickwick @ Suzzallo Reading Room

The Suzzallo Reading Room at the University of Washington, is often considered to be one of the most beautiful library spaces in the world. I can't disagree. I spent many undergrad afternoons in awe over the sixty-five foot ceilings, stained-glass windows, gorgeous overhead brass lamps, and oak bookshelves lined with antique books. The Reading Room often draws comparisons to Hogwarts and I could always see why.

The magic of the Suzzallo Reading Room really goes beyond the university and is more-so a Seattle landmark. As of now, I'm convinced there's not a better band that captures the spirit of the Seattle music scene, than Pickwick. The band performing in the Reading Room just feels right. For this weekend, in honor of missing home but seeing Pickwick's show tonight at Rock and Roll Hotel in DC, here's an older video of them performing Blackout, acapella, in the normally dead-silent spot on campus.

Tonight, Seattle meets DC and I only hope DC can handle all that Seattle has to offer. My worlds are colliding and I truly can't contain my excitement.


(DC Friends: See Pickwick tonight. Do it. There are still tickets available and I find that crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment